Updates from Congressman Brown
Our Website: anthonybrown.house.gov
Congressman Brown's Pandemic Inquiry Email: email@example.com
Latest County COVID-19 Updates:
Prince George's County:
Anne Arundel County:
Dial 211 For Help With
- Mental Health
- Utility Payment Assistance
- Domestic Violence
- Legal & Tax Services
HEALTH AND SAFETY
COVID-19 Symptoms, Tests and Treatment
If You Are Sick:
- Follow CDC Guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/
- Contact Your Primary Care or Insurance Provider to Coordinate any Testing or Treatment #### If You Are Uninsured:
Tips for Disenfecting Your Home
Paid Sick and Family Sick Leave
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
OSHA Reminder to Employers
It is Unlawful to Retaliate Against Workers Who Report Unsafe or Unhealthful Working Conditions during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Safety Tips for Employers to Protect Workers. Resources and new alerts are available for download at this website: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/
OSHA's Whistleblower Protection Program.
Worker's Rights in Various Industries and FAQs: https://www.whistleblowers.gov/
US Labor Department Resources
INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY SUPPORT
Landlords and Tenants
- Contact Your Housing Department or MD's Fair Housing Action Center
If you need emergency shelter, call or contact:
- Prince George's County: (301) 864-7095 or (888) 731-0999
- Anne Arundel County: (410) 417-7260
Monthly Rent or Mortgage
You are encouraged to contact your mortgage provider or landlord and request to defer payment. Call 211 for help with rent or mortgages.
Federal Eviction Moratorium
Database and map of facilities covered by the Federal eviction moratorium:
Anne Arundel Eviction Protection
Click here to learn more about Anne Arundel County's eviction protection program: https://acdsinc.org/new-eviction-prevention-program/
Food and Financial Assistance
Maryland's Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) Program
Provides cash assistance to families with dependent children when available resources do not fully address the family's needs.
Maryland Food Bank
Find a Food Bank Near Me: https://mdfoodbank.org/find-food/
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Women Infants and Children (WIC) Special Supplemental Nutrition Program.
For More Information and Other Assistance with Local Resources
- Comcast is providing 2 months of free service to new customers who apply by April 30.
- Available to qualified low-income households. Low cost computers are also available through this program.
- To apply, go to: https://www.internetessentials.com/ or call (855) 846-8376.
Xfinity Wi-Fi Public Hotspots:
To Search for Job Openings, Visit the Maryland Workforce Exchange at:
To File a Claim for Unemployment Benefits
EDUCATION & CHILDREN
- Designated essential personnel who require childcare are immediately able to obtain state-funded childcare programs at no cost. Contact Maryland State Department of Education childcare referral specialists at (877) 261-0060.
SENIORS & INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
Senior Call Check
- A free program where seniors can receive a daily call to verify their well-being. Maryland Residents age 65 or older are eligible. Call (866) 502-0560 or Register Online: www.aging.maryland.gov
Virtual Events (Senior Planet)
County Websites for Older Adults and Individuals with Disabilities
BUSINESS AND NONPROFIT ASSISTANCE
Counties are Providing Assistance to Businesses Affected by COVID-19 Pandemic. For More information on Resources Available, Visit Your Economic Development Corporation websites:
The State of Maryland has announced several programs to assist businesses. To learn more visit:
An Updated List of Local Government Facility Closures and Service Modifications Are Found at:
Per Governor Hogan's March 23 Order, All Non-Essential Businesses and Establishments Must Close.
- For Assistance with Maryland Tax Filings, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 1-800-MD-TAXES.
- Maryland and Federal Income Tax filing and Payment Deadlines Have Both Been Extended to July 15.